Frequently Asked Questions - Machine
The ideal temperature to make espresso and coffee with our system is 180 degrees Fahrenheit, which is the default setting on the Renato’s Coffee Machine.
You can use the Renato’s Coffee Machine to make a cup of hot water. Simply lift the lever on top of the machine and re-engage it by pushing it back down. Do not drop a capsule into the machine. When the buttons on the face of the machine begin to flash, push any button to dispense hot water.
There is a lot of science and engineering that goes into consistently pulling the perfect espresso or brewing the best cup of coffee. Our system is uniquely designed to control water flow to maximize flavor extraction and intensity.
If too much water is pushed through the capsule, you can’t achieve the right flavor profile from the beans and you’ll miss out on the quality taste that separates Renato’s from the rest.
While troubleshooting a machine that is not pumping water, do not insert a new capsule until the water is flowing again to prevent unnecessary waste.
Check the following:
- Make sure the machine is powered on, warmed up and the color of the first button on the face of the machine is blue.
- Check the water reservoir to ensure that it contains a sufficient amount of water. If it’s less than ⅓ full, the machine may not have enough water to make the type of drink selected.
- Pull out and reinsert the water reservoir to ensure that it’s properly secured in the machine.
- Pull out the capsule tray, empty and reinsert to ensure that it’s properly secured in the machine.
- Turn off the machine using the main power switch on the back. Wait 30 seconds, turn the machine back on, and follow the instructions to make hot water.
- If the machine makes a noise, but the water still won’t flow, try priming the pump using the instructions found under the FAQ titled, ‘How do you prime the water pump in a Renato’s Coffee Machine’.
- Descale the machine to unclog water ducts.
- Contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the machine sits or is stored with the power off for a long period of time, it’s possible for the machine to lose its prime. To re-prime, turn the machine on, lift the lever on top of the machine and push it back down to re-engage. Press any one of the drink buttons to start the pump. Repeat until water begins to flow from the spout. If water still won’t dispense after following these steps several times, please contact support at email@example.com.
If the machine fails to make a noise while attempting to prime, troubleshoot further using the FAQ titled ‘Help! My Renato’s Coffee Machine won’t pump water!’
Note: While troubleshooting a machine that is not pumping water, do not insert a new capsule until the water is flowing again to prevent unnecessary waste.
When the machine is left on, it will automatically keep the pump primed and water line clean to prevent residue buildup or cross contamination.
The manual can be downloaded at the following link: Download user manual for the Renato's Coffee Machine